Dental Implant Candidate
The permanent, long-lasting way to replace missing teeth is through dental implants. The only question is whether you are a good dental implant candidate, and you can find out the answer through an examination by Dr. Ken Cirka and his team of experts at Philadelphia Dentistry in Center City. No matter what is happening with your oral health, there is always a way to rebuild your smile.
Consult with Your Philly Dentist About Dental Implants
The dental implant journey begins with a consultation with your Philly dentist. Here’s what to expect:
- Exam: Complete assessment of your oral health, including dental history, medical history, 3D scans, digital x-rays, and a check for gum disease and other infections.
- Consult: Review exam details with your dentist and discussion of all potential tooth replacement options, including dental implants.
- Treatment: Learn about your unique treatment plan and whether you have a strong enough foundation for dental implants or need other restorations or treatments done prior to getting implants.
Factors That Make You a Good Dental Implants Candidate
Dental implants are an amazing solution for many patients, even those who are missing an entire arch of teeth, even those who have been missing teeth for a long time. Your dentist will need to see the following to consider you a good dental implants candidate:
- Healthy, disease-free gum tissue
- Excellent bone density
- Quality jaw strength
- Adequate spacing
Ultimately, wanting to be a dental implant candidate isn’t always enough – your mouth must be in the right condition to hold this significant dental restoration in place. Poor bone density, in particular, is problematic and you may need gum or bone grafts to create enough healthy space in the jawbone for implants to latch onto. This procedure can turn someone into an ideal dental implant candidate
How Dental Implants Work
It helps to understand how dental implants work as you and your dentist work to determine if you are a good dental implant candidate:
- Implants are surgically implanted into the jawbone, which replaces the tooth both above and below the gumline – root and crown.
- The presence of an implant improves jaw health and oral health overall.
- The dental implant stimulates the jawbone and keeps it from deteriorating.
- Compressed facial features are a side effect of missing teeth but with dental implants this shrunken appearance is prevented.
- Dental implants are natural-looking and both look, feel, and function like original teeth.
There Is Always a Way to Replace Missing Teeth
If you are a qualified dental implants candidate, there may be several ways you can complete your smile.
- All-On-4: Four implants are placed where you have the highest bone volume and a dental bridge or partial dentures are attached to create an entire arch of new teeth.
- Full mouth dental implants: Missing teeth on both the top and bottom of your mouth are replaced with carefully placed dental implants.
- Denture implants: Several dental implants are placed in the jawbone and a customized denture is permanently attached for a secure restoration that doesn’t move or require adhesive.
- Teeth implants: Whether you need to replace one, two, or multiple teeth, dental implants can be customized to your unique restoration needs.
Even if implants are not in your future, there are always solutions to complete your smile, including dental bridges and dentures.
Find Out If You’re a Dental Implants Candidate in Center City
If you want to find out if you’re a good dental implants candidate, contact Philadelphia Dentistry in Center City to schedule a consultation. You can have a beautiful, complete smile that looks and feels natural – dental implants can make it happen.
Copyright ©2023 Philadelphia Dentistry All Rights Reserved.
PhillyDentistry.com, 1601 Walnut St., Suite 1302, Philadelphia PA - 215-568-6222