All-On-4 Dental Implants
Many people hesitate to replace their entire arch of missing teeth because they think dentures are their only option. What they may not know about is the All-On-4 dental implant solution, a permanent restoration that replaces all missing teeth and eliminates that fear of messy, unreliable adhesives. At Philly Dentistry in Center City, we offer this innovative restoration to qualified candidates and deliver a strong, secure smile that lasts.
How All-On-4 Implants Work
Having one dental implant for every missing tooth across the entire top of your mouth would be an intense and costly restoration. With All-On-4, only four implants are placed where there is the highest bone volume, and a dental bridge or partial dentures are adhered to the implants to complete your smile.
Here is how the procedure works:
- Dental exam: Your Philadelphia dentist conducts a thorough dental exam to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. If you have gum disease, which is the biggest cause of missing teeth, this problem will need to be treated first. It is also necessary to have enough bone volume to support the implants.
- Procedure: All-On-4 dental implants are an oral surgery where the carefully customized implants are placed in the jawbone. The abutments are also placed on top of the implant and jut out just over the gum line to attach to your new prosthetic teeth.
- Healing: There is significant healing time after implants are in place because the bone and tissues must fully absorb the implant. The dental implant is, after all, replacing your natural tooth root and its position must be secure. Recovery will be monitored by your dentist over several weeks or month.
- Completion: Once the surgical area is healed, a prosthetic bridge or partial denture are permanent secured to the abutment – the final step in the All-On-Four procedure. There is no adhesive needed and the palate remains uncovered but your teeth are firmly in place for a stunning, healthy smile.
The Advantages of All-On-4 Dental Implants
Dental patients have several options for replacing missing teeth. The advantages of All-On-4 dental implants far outweigh many other treatments:
- Permanent: One of the biggest denture complaints is that they don’t stay put – dental implants do. They are not removable.
- Natural-looking: You want teeth that work well and look natural. Dental implants are designed to blend into your mouth and look like your original teeth.
- Comfortable: Once bonded where they belong, implants are comfortable and operate just like natural teeth would. They don’t create pain, soreness, or irritation and there is no bulk to the implants. You’ll never feel like you have fake teeth with All-On-Four.
- Reliable: Dental implants don’t require adhesive or any other help to stay put. Once in place, they’re permanent.
- Perfect fit: Dentures are designed to sit on the gum tissue but they can loosen over time and the jawbone can deteriorate with age, requiring repeated adjustments. All-On-4 instead stimulates the jawbone by taking the place of natural tooth roots.
Get All-On-4 Dental Implants from Philly Dentistry
Whether you have dealt with gum disease or suffered an accident that resulted in tooth loss, it’s so important to fill the holes left behind. How you eat, speak, and smile are all impacted by the lack of teeth and, eventually, the shape of your face will begin to shift too.
Renew your self-confidence and enjoyment of life by finding out if you are a good candidate for All-On-4 dental implants. Say goodbye to embarrassment in social situations, discomfort during photo ops, and any other professional or personal circumstances that highlight your missing teeth.
Schedule a consultation with a member of the experienced dental implant team at Philly Dentistry in Center City.
Copyright ©2024 Philadelphia Dentistry All Rights Reserved.
PhillyDentistry.com, 1601 Walnut St., Suite 1302, Philadelphia PA - 215-568-6222