You have probably heard about or seen porcelain veneers before, but do you know all of the benefits they offer and problems they can fix? Here’s the low-down on the quickest way to achieve your dream smile.
Veneers are thin layers of material attached to the front of the teeth to:
- Close gaps
- Lengthen short teeth
- Widen narrow teeth (often side teeth dentists call “peg laterals”)
- Whiten discolored or yellow teeth
- Straighten crowded teeth
- Repair chips or cracks that are extensive
- Cover a front tooth that had root canal treatment
- Cover teeth whereby the enamel did not develop properly (e.g. childhood illness that altered the formation of that layer of the tooth)
- Cover teeth whereby the enamel did not form properly, due to a genetic mutation or inherited change in the tooth formation
- Cover teeth due to bulimia or other eating disorders
- Cover teeth damaged by acids from foods, fruits, and drinks (commonly drinking lemon water or sucking on lemons)
- Cover teeth due to habits such as chewing on pens, pencils, and pins (seamstresses), and opening packages (such as potato chip bags) with the teeth
Veneers are also called by other names, such as porcelain veneers, porcelain laminate veneers, laminates, laminate veneers, and brand names like Lumineers or DaVinci Veneers. As technology evolves, new names for veneers are occurring frequently.
We provide the highest quality of materials and care to our patients and see the best results around. If you want to learn more about veneers, please call and schedule a free consultation. You can reach us at (215) 568-6222. I look forward to hearing from you!