Now that Hollywood’s biggest night, The Oscars are over and you saw everyone dressed their best, hair perfect, and million-dollar smiles, there’s something you should know. It might come as a surprise, but some of Hollywood’s elite stars didn’t always have a straight, perfect, white smile. Many celebrities have gone to see their cosmetic dentist to get a smile makeover because like many people their job deals with being in the spot light. Celebrities spot light may be a little larger than most people, but whether you’re a celebrity, doctor, politician, teacher, sales person, or anyone who deals with people on a daily basis, your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Here are the top 5 celebrities that you probably didn’t know who had smile makeovers during their career.
1. Nicolas Cage. In Nicolas Cage’s early career his teeth were misaligned pretty badly which made his teeth overlap. In the 1984 movie, “Birdy” Cage got into his role and actually had some of his teeth pulled to look more like his character. As Nicolas Cage and his career advanced to more leading roles he needed a smile makeover and this led him to get a full set of veneers. After getting his smile makeover he got casted in the leading role for “Leaving Las Vegas” which he won an Oscar for. So, we’re not saying veneers won Nicolas Cage an Oscar, but we’re not saying they didn’t help.
2. Ben Affleck. When Ben Affleck was a kid he had buck teeth, it wasn’t until after he had many cosmetic dentistry procedures that he started his acting career. His acting career started with his role in “Good Will Hunting” which landed him a screenwriting Oscar. Ben Affleck’s smile makeover included porcelain veneers, crowns, and some teeth whitening procedures.
3. George Clooney. Being known as one of the most handsome celebrities in Hollywood, George Clooney owes some credit to his cosmetic dentist. Clooney has a full set of veneers and the reason for his veneers were not strictly just for looks. The 2-time Oscar winner had problems grinding his teeth due to stress, which ultimately led for the need to get replacement teeth.
4. Morgan Freeman. Everyone knows Morgan Freeman because he is one of the best actors of all time. As he aged his teeth naturally became more yellow and he had a gap in between his 2 front teeth. After seeing his cosmetic dentist, Freeman had his teeth whitened and gap closed from a dental bonding procedure. Now, Freeman looks younger and is still landing huge movie roles in Hollywood.
5. Tom Cruise. You may remember Tom Cruise when he was a young actor playing roles in movies like “Risky Business” when his teeth were far from perfect. Cruise has had many cosmetic procedures done throughout his career. First, he had his teeth whitened and straightened, but that wasn’t enough for the “Mission Impossible” star. He has reportedly had more cosmetic dentistry treatments which included a mouthful of veneers.
Philly Dentistry has many cosmetic dentistry options such as, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, Invisalign, Cerinate Lumineers, crowns, bridges, implants, and much more. Don’t hesitate to give us a call (215-568-6222) for a free new patient consultation and get that smile you’ve always wanted.