Do you have missing teeth and are embarrassed to smile? There’s a solution that will help you gain your confidence back and it’s dental implants. Considered to be one of the best options for missing teeth, dental implants can fix broken or decayed teeth as well. At your next appointment make sure to ask one of our great doctors or providers if dental implants are the best option for you. Here are a few advantages of getting dental implants.
1. Convenience. Dental implants are much more convenient than dentures that you have to remove every night. With implants they stay put in your mouth. This permanent solution takes away any embarrassment that’s involved with taking out fake teeth.
2. Look, feel & perform like natural teeth. This is one of the main reason’s patients choose dental implants because they can’t even tell that they have them. By feeling like your natural teeth, the comfortability is great! Having implants in your mouth, it can restore your full chewing power so you can enjoy all your favorite foods without worrying about anything.
3. Bone loss prevention. When you have a missing tooth, it can lead to bone loss in your jaw. This is known as resorption. Bone loss occurs with missing teeth because there is no longer any root to stimulate the bone. When you have traditional dentures, they have been known to speed up the bone loss process because of the added pressure of the gums which wears away the bone. A great thing about dental implants is that it replaces the root as well as the tooth to preserve natural bone growth.
4. Dental implants can last a lifetime. Taking proper care of your dental implants can make them last your whole life. Dental implants cost a little more than bridges or dentures, but the investment in yourself and the long run is definitely worth it. The average patient that has dentures needs a new set every 3 to 8 years. This is because changes occur in the patient’s jaw. Unlike dentures, dental implants are made extremely strong and are also fused with your jawbone making it a permanent fit in your mouth.
5. Dental implants prevent facial sagging. When you have missing teeth which causes bone loss, that bone loss ends up making your face sag with excess wrinkles around your mouth. This can make you look older and cause you to feel embarrassed. With dental implants it will prevent your face from sagging by filling in any missing teeth so you don’t lose any jaw bone.
Every patient is a little different so at your next dentist appointment ask your doctor if dental implants are the best option for you. Our dentist will determine if implants are the right solution for you and they will suggest any alternatives if they feel it’s a better option for your specific smile. Give us a call at 215-568-6222 and schedule your appointment today.