At Dr. Cirka’s Dental Office, we take dentistry very seriously. But believe it or not, teeth can be fun…even funny!
Here are some wild and crazy dental facts that will make you smile and improve your health as well.
1) The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough spit to fill 2 swimming pools!
2) You should not keep your toothbrush near a toilet. The airborne particles from the flush can travel up to a distance of 6 feet. Yuck!
3) In 1994, a prison inmate in West Virginia braided dental floss into a rope, scaled the wall and escaped. (We suggest that you use floss to clean between your teeth instead of climbing prison walls! If you don’t you are missing around 35% of your teeth’s surfaces.)
4) Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body. However, we do not recommend that you use your pearly whites to open bottle caps!
5) The standard advice to “see your dentist twice a year” was actually invented by an ad agency for Pepsodent toothpaste! Your dental professional should recommend the correct schedule for your regular dental visits.
A recent poll has shown that health professionals (physicians, dentists and nurses) were among the most trusted people in The United States. The least trusted? Lobbyists and congressmen of course!
6) Over three out of four people in the United States suffer from some form of gum disease. It is the leading cause of tooth loss in people over age 35. The good news is, in most cases gum disease can be prevented or controlled!
At Dr. Cirka’s Office, we are here for you, and want to help you achieve the best smile possible. If you have any questions or need to schedule a FREE consultation to discuss your dental health with Dr. Cirka give us a call at 215-568-6222. We will find something that fits into your busy schedule. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Also – check us out on Facebook and “like” us for more dental health tips, community news, and all kinds of other fun stuff!!